SATCO® SAT420 DIRECTIONAL FELLING HEAD & LOADING GRAPPLE
- 8cm (3”) Drive Arm Pins for strength & long life
- Extra ‘dead length’ in cylinders for superior seal life
- Oil Impregnated Bushes for less wear
- Fully Hydraulic - no electrical system required down in grapple
- Well protected hydraulic system
- Removable covers for easy servicing
- Unique SATCO®"HOSE THROUGH CENTRE" system eliminates hose twisting & snagging
- Continuous Rotation - 360°
- Bar release valve for saw chain replacement or tensioning
- Heavy duty saw with shear bolts to prevent bending saw swing arm
- Optional saw bar out light
Using all the proven hydraulic components of the larger SATCO® SAT630, the SATCO® SAT420 Directional Felling Head & Loading Grapple has quickly proven to be a very versatile unit enabling operators to fall, bunch, stack and shovel whole stems. The 360 Degree continuous rotation allows felling in any possible direction in relation to the base machine with a load out time of 85% of a conventional grapple which makes this an economical choice for many jobs.
A unique SATCO® ‘hose through centre’ connection to the base machine, allows the hoses to travel through the centre line of the attaching pins. This prevents the hoses from over–bending and causing premature failure as well as protecting the hoses from damage, especially in tree felling applications.
The SATCO® SAT420 Felling Grapple saw unit is supported by a large 30cm (12”) diameter slew bearing making it a very robust unit especially when felling. The saw adjuster is a heavy duty manual adjuster unit running a 36"” bar with 3/4” chain. SATCO® also uses a unique locking system for the saw sprocket to prevent broken drive shaft keys and damaged saw motor shafts.
Since the SATCO® SAT420 has no electrical system down to the felling grapple, it is easy to maintain and allows the operator to quickly and easily change to a loading grapple.
360 degree continuous rotation makes felling large diameter trees easy, a front cut can be put into the tree without having to reposition the carrier.
Weighing in at 1450kgs (3100lbs), and requiring 200lpm(52.8gpm) (US) at 280bar (4000psi) this felling grapple can be attached onto any base machine in the range of 16-24 tonne.
Because the SATCO® SAT420 can be run on a small carrier the horsepower requirement is minimal compared to running a fixed disc saw head. These factors all amount to less base machine stress and great fuel efficiency, giving you the ability to increase your production while bringing down your running costs.
The SATCO® SAT420 is constructed using high grade materials and manufactured using the best robotic welding wire for a far superior weld.